Tagged by opalescentegg Boy I’m popular today. XD
1. If you had the power to learn any five languages in the world, which would you choose? - Spanish, German, French, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese
2. Which movie(s) is your favorite? - Apparently The Touch of Satan since I’m gonna watch it for the bajillionth time. But if I’m picking movies that I believe are genuinely good, I’ll have to say the remake of To Be Or Not To Be.
3. Into any manga? - I haven’t been reading any lately. I know I need to catch up on Soul Eater Not! especially since they’ve got an anime now.
4. What do you think your daemon would be (assuming you’ve read the His Dark Materials series; if not, then replace “daemon” with “patronus”)? - I haven’t read the series, but I’m familiar with the concept. My daemon and/or patronus would probably be a swan at this point. Beautiful but round and can fuck your shit up.
5. Imagine the Doctor (whichever one you prefer) has swooped down from the cosmos and picked you up for a one-trip freebie! Where and/or when would you ask to be taken? - I’d ask Nine to take me to a Beatles concert.
6. If space and cost of care were no issue, which “unusual” pet would you most like to have? - I’d like having a parrot.
7. As a child, what did you most want to be when you grew up? - This depends on my stage of childhood, but I’ve pretty consistently wanted to be a chef.
8. Has any of the media you consume (books, tv shows, movies, etc.) ever caused you to knowingly start doing a certain thing or start behaving in a certain way? - All the time. And the reverse, too. That is, I’ll stop and think about favorite characters in whatever I’m doing at the moment. And they definitely influence my closet. Most recently, I’m thinking about getting some red frames like Mirai’s.
9. What would be your dream career? - Getting paid a decent wage for the kind of food I can make? I’m actually having a tough time finding a new goal.
10. What’s your favorite scent? - Strawberries, tea, cinnamon, coffee, any surprise they’re all foods?
11. Favorite type of landscape? - Flat ones right now. Easier on my foot. XD; But as far as paintings go? Holy shit, just put Joy of Painting on and I’m a happy camper. I’ll watch anything Bob Ross paints.
And I will maybe come up with some questions another time. XD;
10 Question Tag! This one’s from a-bucketful-of-smiles
1. What’s your name? Aura
2. When’s your birthday? February 19th
3. Where are you from? Arkansas. I’ve lived in or near Little Rock my entire life.
4. Have a crush? Nope
5. What’s your favorite color? Purple and pink
6. Write something in all caps? I DON’T CARE HOW MANY TIMES I’VE WATCHED THIS MOVIE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS I’M WATCHING THE MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 TAKE ON THE TOUCH OF SATAN!
7. Got a favorite band/artist? I like quite a few, with the first answer coming to mind being the Beatles. It might be worth noting that my favorite Beatles are George Harrison and Ringo Starr. Related to that, Octopus’s Garden is one of the happiest songs ever. Assuming I can count composers as artists, I have to mention Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov for Scheherazade, my favorite symphonic suite.
8. Favorite number? 5
9. Favorite drink? Strawberry Slender pu-erh from Teavana, good fresh coffee with milk, and apparently pineapple soda today.
There needs to be a code word or something that means “my brain is fighting me every step of the way today and I feel like I’m going to vibrate out of my skin, so I need you to forgive everything and go slowly and speak softly and lower your expectations.” And then we could all just be like, “I know I said we could go to a movie tonight but… tangerines.” And the other person would nod and squeeze your elbow or rub your head and you wouldn’t feel like a failure.
This is related to Code Sweatpants, my term for when someone springs plans on me and I don’t have enough time to prepare for it.
"Oh please, you’re only identifying as [thing] because you heard about it on Tumblr."
Well gee, maybe if there were proper resources out there, public visibility and community support for people like us, we wouldn’t have to wait until we randomly stumbled across a post on Tumblr to understand what we are.